Application: 50 SK, 50 Druid (DENIED)

Discussion in 'Agnarr Applications' started by Nudd, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nudd

Nudd New Member

Discord Handle: Plastic_Jesus#8969
    Character name: Nudd/Deliverator
    Class: Shadowknight/Druid
    Level: 50/50
    Race: Ogre/Halfling
    UNBUFFED HP/MANA/AC: 2494/1464/304 // 1695/2434/134
    Best Item: Djarn's Amethyst Ring/Shillelagh
    Best trade skill and skill level (N/A if none): blacksmithing (126) // Brewing (133)

Describe your play time. Which hours are you generally able to play and how many nights a week are you generally available to raid?
    I can generally play between 4 and 8 hours per day anywhere from 10am to midnight depending on the day. I'm a college student so my schedule changes every term. I can be available 2-4 days a week for raiding.

What do you like best about your class? How much experience do you have playing this class?
    I enjoy playing both the SK and the Druid. I really like the SK's ability to pull/hold agro better than any other class in the game. I know we don't have the best mitigation (warriors, damn you!) but we are definitely the most effective at maintaining a high level of threat against a mob. Druids are my favorite class in the game. They are extremely versatile offering some of the best HP/AC buffs available in the game and great DOT damage. They are also very good at power leveling and are a useful part of just about any group with root/snare CC, buffs, and damage. The ports don't hurt either ;)

Are you willing to participate in a mobilization system (Batphone)?
    Absolutely.

Why do you want to join Faceless Empire?
    I want to experience the content I never got to on live. I've never seen Sleeper's Tomb for myself, and I want to see it before sleeper is awakened.

Please list the names of any Faceless members who will vouch for your competence and skill (must have at least one):
    Spoke with Zaide, he directed me here to fill out an application. I'm not sure if Tegumiral and Lugien are members as of yet but they know me well.

Describe your raiding background, include notable guilds you've been a member of and all content you have raided previously:
    I was in Vesica Dei on p99 from classic into Kunark. I was in Awakened more recently but due to disagreements with the server management I'm no longer able to play. I've done raiding in LOTRO and WOW but many of the strats for classic/kunark/velious are unknown to me.

Describe the most challenging raid encounters you have been an active participant in and your role in those encounters:
    I have never really had any challenging raid encounters. I'm usually either a tank or an off-healer and my job is usually pretty easy. As a tank I generally spend my time holding agro until one of us dies. As an off healer my job is generally to just keep my group alive which has never been particularly hard unless the tanks start dropping like flies.

Describe your personality:
    I'm friendly, but I can be abrasive. I like knowing what my job is and being expected to carry it out. If I am doing something wrong I want to be told how to correct it, not just that I am not doing it right. I am here to have fun, but I want to experience the top end content as well.

Tell us something about yourself that has nothing to do with EQ:
    My girlfriend and I have a boston terrier named Little Dipper and he is the most adorable dog in the world.

2. Nitsude

Nitsude New Member

Re: Application: 50 SK, 50 Druid

<t>If your playtime is 4 hours a day a few days a week I don't think you'll be seeing Sleepers Tomb when he's sleeping on Agnarr, nor would you be offering much towards our kill time goals.<br/>
    <br/>
    Why did you omit your guild history on Agnarr? I don't see any mention of Flames of Reverence and why they had to remove you. Could you expand on what "disagreement with server management" refers to?<br/>
    <br/>
    You were in Vesica Dei in classic and kunark but say you are clueless to classic and kunark strategy -- that doesn't make sense. Considering vast sums of knowledge are out there on classic and kunark I'm not sure what excuse you could provide beyond you just want to be told what to do, and corrected when you screw up.</t>

3. Nudd

Nudd New Member

<t>Being an off-healer my job was to sit in a corner and heal. Every guild I've ever been in hasn't been very good about making sure everyone knows the whole picture. I don't know anything about pulling raid zones. I don't know anything about cheal rotations or mob positioning. I don't know where anything spawns in hate or fear. All I know is that my class leader told me to stand in a certain spot and keep my group healed. That is why I don't know anything about the strategies being used because nobody ever provided that information. It is really hard to understand what is going on around you when all you can see is a wall.<br/>
    <br/>
    FoR removed me because I applied to FE. Apparently they are concerned that I would be spying for FE. Which is funny because I'm fairly certain FE is aware of all the spawn timers so it isn't exactly necessary for FE to sneak around looking into other guild's chat channels.<br/>
    <br/>
    I had a disagreement with the server management on P99. I was running a thin-client system at home, which apparently is seen by their anti-boxing utility as a single computer system. I had a buddy who was over watching a soccer match hop on my cleric to res me after dying in the bear pits and was banned.<br/>
    <br/>
    The vast sums of knowledge out there is exactly why people don't know the strategies. There are a billion versions of everything. Which one are you using? If you point me where the information is that FE is using I will gladly read everything I can find and everything I can watch about that particular strategy. <br/>
    <br/>
    As far as your kill time goals I can make more time for the release of new content. I can't dedicate 16 hours a day to a video game and if that is a problem I'm sorry but I'm an adult and I have responsibilities and obligations. I spoke with Zaide and he let me know that having limited play time is not a problem. But you are welcome to be upset that I won't be dedicating my life to getting every open world raid spawn.</t>

4. Nitsude

Nitsude New Member

<r>When I ask pointed questions you should assume I probably know more about your situation.<br/>
    <br/>
    [Sat Jul 08 14:50:45 2017] Deliverator tells the raid, 'WHY THE FUCK AM I MUTED'<br/>
    [Sat Jul 08 14:51:19 2017] Deliverator tells the raid, 'I'm not sitting in a muted channel, not fuckin happening.'<br/>
    [Sat Jul 08 14:51:54 2017] Deliverator tells the raid, 'Yes, I will not be treated like a fucking infant.'<br/>
    [Sat Jul 08 14:52:26 2017] Deliverator tells the raid, 'When someone steals a candy bar you don't throw everyone in prison to stop it from happening again.'<br/>
    [Sat Jul 08 14:53:11 2017] Deliverator tells the raid, 'You don't want me talking, then I'm not listening either.'<br/>
    Sat Jul 08 14:54:04 2017] Deliverator tells the raid, 'If you can't treat your guild members with some god damn respect you can go fuck yourself Qenni'<br/>
    <br/>
    We use a moderated channel for a fair number of our raids. This probably isn't the guild for you.<br/>

<QUOTE author="Nudd" post_id="3263" time="1501603288" user_id="610"><s>
    </e></QUOTE>

My point was I would expect you to go out and find information and not depend on a class leader to tell every nuance of a fight.<br/>

</e></QUOTE>

Small things may change about a fight, but knowing where things spawn, what mobs do, where they should be positioned, etc. My concern is you don't seem to be that concerned by your individual performance, and instead expect others to do your homework.<br/>

</e></QUOTE>

Thanks for applying.</r>

5. Shucklighter

Shucklighter Member OFFICER AGNARR MEMBER SELO MEMBER

<t>Good luck, Nudd.</t>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.