Dulu - Paladin of Tunare

Discussion in 'Agnarr Applications' started by Dulu, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dulu

Dulu New Member

Character name: Dulu
    Class: Paladin
    Level: 0
    Race: Half Elf
    UNBUFFED HP/MANA/AC: 0/0/0

My last two trips through Everquest I played a Shaman (live) and a Cleric (P99), so I'd like to play something outside of a pure support this time around. I find SK's and Pal's make amazing group/leveling tanks due to snap aggro, so it may come in handy being able to tank for guild groups that are trying to level quickly. I set a fast pace, have good awareness, and a lot of experience when it comes to tanking.

What is your estimated play time during the weeks immediately following Agnarr launch?

I plan to play as much as possible. Anywhere from 8-20 hours a day, depending on real life responsibilities.

Why do you want to join Faceless?

I'm competitive, and want to play with the best. I want to surround myself with people I can learn from, and who will push me. I want to play with people who take gaming as seriously as I do.

Please list the names of any Faceless members that will vouch for you (put N/A if none):

Elaida
    Lamps
    Geoff

Describe your raiding background, include notable guilds you've been a member of and all content you have raided previously:

Raided heavily in Project 1999, including all Velious content. Played on the Red (PVP) server as a Human Cleric named Duku. Raided extensively in World of Warcraft as well, in high end guilds for Classic, BC and WoTLK, and casually for later expansions. I've played so many MMO's, and been competitive at end game in most of them.

Describe the most challenging raid encounters you have been an active participant in and your role in those encounters:

The Kunark raids on P99 Red -- having to compete with other guilds for fairly simple bosses. The element of PvP and dynamic spawn timers made for some very challenging fights. Nothing quite like a 40v40 fight over Trakkannon, wiping the enemy guild while they're engaged, and taking their dragon pixels.

Tell us something about yourself that has nothing to do with EQ:

I'm a Sergeant with the Florida Department of Corrections - I've worked Death Row, Maximum Management, the Execution Chamber, etc. Playing video games is how I let off steam and relax.

2. Warlored

Warlored New Member

Re: Dulu - Shadow Knight

<t>Heya Dulu!<br/>
    <br/>
    There's several of us LEO's around here. I worked a couple years in a Texas State maximum security (ad seg) unit and have since moved down to the county level. Always good to have other "crazies" around!</t>

3. Elaida

Elaida New Member

<r>Dulu's a good dude. Really even keeled too in spite of his profession. <E>;)</E></r>

4. Zaide

Zaide Guild Leader Staff Member OFFICER AGNARR MEMBER SELO MEMBER

<t>Hey Dulu, welcome aboard. 8-20 hours is a pretty wide range, are you able to commit to a static group for the launch race? I think most of our groups will be pushing 20 hours a day or so until level 50.<br/>
    <br/>
    Remember to grab our discord link from the general section of the forums.</t>

5. Dulu

Dulu New Member

<t>What I meant is that, on days that I can play - I'll be putting in the hours. 20 hour play sessions will happen, but won't be the norm. Sadly, some days I won't be able to play at all.<br/>
    <br/>
    I plan on getting that first week off (but it may be smarter to get the 2nd, to avoid the rush of people?).<br/>
    <br/>
    I'll be competitive, but I won't be leading the pack in terms of play time. Not afraid to pug or solo when I have to. I'll be there when you guys need me.</t>

6. Zaide

Zaide Guild Leader Staff Member OFFICER AGNARR MEMBER SELO MEMBER

<t>When we talk about that kind of play time we are only looking at the first three or four days from server launch. Once the server firsts are done everyone can play as much or as little as they would like.<br/>
    <br/>
    If you take time off I absolutely recommend its the first week.</t>

7. Mafakka

Mafakka Member

<t>I vouch for Dulu too. Myyyyy guy</t>

8. Dulu

Dulu New Member

<r><QUOTE author="Zaide" post_id="866" time="1493953343" user_id="2"><s>
    </e></QUOTE>

Understood. I'll do my best to get the time off for those days.</r>