Vaenivo : Pantheon

Discussion in 'Pantheon Applications' started by vaenivo, May 1, 2018.

1. vaenivo

vaenivo New Member

PRF Official Forum Name: vaenivo
    PRF Pledge Level: PAX East "Sunhunter" Pledge
    Discord Handle: Kaeriya (Vaenivo)#2522
    Projected Main Class (if known): Ranger, and will likely test Bard/Druid/Enchanter/Necro/Shaman/Cleric as well. Too early to call it, but will consider swapping for guild needs.
    Time Zone: PST

How much time will you be taking off from work/school/whatever when PRF launches?
    Ideally as much as possible dependent upon when it finally launches. I'm finishing my bachelors next semester so I'm VERY available through Spring 2019.
    If launch occurs Jan 2019 then I'll literally have 5-6 months of zero commitments.

How many hours a day will you be willing to play PRF during this time off? Are you willing to commit to playing in a static group?
    Honestly, I've been known to marathon game for days on end with minimal breaks if i'm available and the game is interesting enough. I like to workout most days and cook my own food,
    but I'm more than willing to spend every waking moment progressing in Pantheon. When a new MMO I'm hyped about drops I usually game like a madman for about 2 weeks. I prepare by
    buying a ton of groceries, Soylent meal shakes, Adderal, cannabis, and letting someone take care of my dog for that time. I'm willing to commit to a static group as long as the scheduling is
    upheld by the other members. In the past, I've had to deal with people flaking far too often.

What's your expected PRF play time once your schedule returns to normal? How many nights a week will you be available to raid?
    Again, too early to state specifics yet I'll likely be available 4-6 nights a week for raiding, and if I'm still in classes then a substantial amount of the day as well. If you haven't picked up on
    the theme already ... I'm hardcore. Faceless material.

Are you willing to participate in a mobilization system (Batphone)?
    I'm pretty certain Pantheon will have open world rare bosses - used to get those texts at 3am/5am during high school for EQ1 - I'm down for that again.

If your pledge does not include testing access, do you plan to upgrade it to include testing? If so, which phase of testing do you expect to join?
    I purchased the PAX East "Sunhunter" Pledge which gives me access to Pre-Alpha, Alpha, and Beta. Let's go!

Why do you want to join Faceless?
    Because I'm impressed with the organization and most recent accomplishments.

Zaide's post read : "It's been a great year for us, and the future is only more promising. When you consider joining a serious guild for Pantheon or any of the testing phases ask yourself
    what other guilds have accomplished over the past year or two besides bumping their recruitment threads and spamming these forums."

That resonated with me. I've been a hardcore, competent, and dedicated gamer for years placating online friends by joining less-than-best guilds with them. Those guys aren't playing Pantheon.
    I'm ready to roll!

Why should we accept you as a member?
    Because I'm the kind of guy you depend upon when shit hits the fan. I'll lead by example via pushing the envelope, I'll support those around me vis a vis understanding their limits, and
    I'll provide an analytical mindset facilitating communal growth for the guild as a whole.

List the names of any Faceless members that will vouch for you (put N/A if none):
    N/A. Discovered on the Pantheon forums.

Describe your raiding background. In which MMOs have you raided? Provide server and guild names, and list all content you have cleared.
    EQ1: Mithanial Marr server. [Afterlife], [Altered Vision], and a few other guilds. Raided everything through PoP expansion, but nothing afterward.
    EQ2: Crushbone server. [Altered Vision], [Umbra], [SWAT]. Raided everything through TSO expansion, but nothing afterward.
    SWTOR: Harbinger server. [Hatred] Raided everything through SoR expansion with notable Nightmare mode exceptions. No other expansion experience.
    Wildstar: Cannot recall server name. [Altered Vision]. All levels of dungeon runs, but only first difficulty of Datascape and GA. Always wished for a more hardcore group in this game.
    BDO: Not a traditional raid game, but my siege performance (non-wizard/witch) was pretty damn good as Ranger. In small open-world skirmishes I am/was a beast.

Describe the most challenging raid encounters in which you have participated and explain your role in those encounters.
    That's a tough question, because with each "generation" of new raid content I've always felt like there was a new threshold to overcome. I remember how tough VS in Kunark was originally,
    or ToV in Velious, but then SWTOR Nightmare mode truly set a new standard. I think I'd say those GA runs in Wildstar might've been the toughest challenge, though. Playing as the main Medic healer in a guild
    that was barely able to get enough people attuned for the raid meant keeping them all alive in sub-par gear. Although most of them were skilled enough to dodge most of the mechanics, I had to save far too many
    who got caught in some of the effects. Took us a couple months to finally complete the raid.

Which aspect of PRF are you most excited about?
    Probably the fact it's stoking my nostalgia to such a high degree that I've been replaying all the 2018 developer streams 24/7 for the past couple weeks.
    I'm excited for the old challenges EQ1 brought yet in a more modern approach. New graphics and systems building upon the best game I've ever played. I'm excited to make a new name for myself in a new game.
    Norrath may have come and gone. Terminus denizens will know the name: Vaenivo.

Tell us a bit about the real life you.
    I'm 30 years old and finally finishing my bachelors in Environmental Policy. It's been a long time coming as life was derailed by a leukemia diagnosis putting college, career, and relationships on a different track.
    I've always been a hardcore gamer, and I'm thankful for the MMO genre since it's provided lots of opportunity to "escape into fantasy" where reality couldn't touch it. The past 10 years
    of treatment have proven difficult, however, with lots of "downtime" where I would immerse myself into progressing in whatever MMO I was playing. While I'm still undergoing treatment, I recently switched to a new
    medicine which doesn't cause any side effects which is such a fucking relief! Outlook is positive, and so is my attitude :)

This fall I'll be applying to law schools and looking forward to the challenge. As long as Pantheon launches before Fall 2019 I'll have more than enough time to set the hardcore foundation to then
    ease off the pace while I study the law. I intend to stay dedicated and progressing in Pantheon throughout law school yet the hours studying will certainly require more of me.

As a member, you can expect someone who is loyal, supportive, understanding, analytical, witty, and, depending upon your humor, funny from time to time. I'm certainly more mature than necessary
    yet I believe in respecting people as long as they don't give you a reason otherwise. I love philosophy, hockey, technology, the outdoors, staying active/healthy, and traveling!
    Life is more than pixels, sure, but pixels are pretty damn enjoyable. Let's conquer the pixels!