You want me...

Discussion in 'Pantheon Applications' started by Glorf, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Glorf

Glorf New Member SELO MEMBER

PRF Official Forum Name: Glorfendill
    PRF Pledge Level: Originator
    Discord Handle: Glorfendill#8724
    Projected Main Class (if known): Warrior (off chance of Monk)
    Time Zone: EST

How much time will you be taking off from work/school/whatever when PRF launches?
    At least 1 week, More if I can swing it.

How many hours a day will you be willing to play PRF during this time off? Are you willing to commit to playing in a static group? As many as I can, and definitely up for a Static group.

What's your expected PRF play time once your schedule returns to normal? How many nights a week will you be available to raid? 5pm-12pmEST for normal time, up to 7am cut off for high profile batphone, raiding possible up to 6-7 nights a week early, would probably want to cut back a little 3-5 nights after a while.

Are you willing to participate in a mobilization system (Batphone)? Yes.

If your pledge does not include testing access, do you plan to upgrade it to include testing? If so, which phase of testing do you expect to join? I'm locked in for Pre-Alpha.

Why do you want to join Faceless? I know most of you, most of you know me (Queena Denial, ELF Bard from Lockjaw Classic through Velious)

Why should we accept you as a member? Assuming I go warrior... I'll be the best damn warrior you'll have. I won't be 100% raid attendance, so may never be the best geared tank. But I am always watching what's going on around me, very analytical, and a total badass when it comes to seeing what is going on around me and deciding the best way to handle it.

List the names of any Faceless members that will vouch for you (put N/A if none): Everybody in this Photo and more: (Especially Darth... he wouldn't even be in this photo if it weren't for me!)
    [​IMG]

Describe your raiding background. In which MMOs have you raided? Provide server and guild names, and list all content you have cleared. I've been around the block more than a few times... Here are the ones that I think matter. Everquest (Live): Sol Invictus up until Underfoot. Everquest (Progression): Faceless/Faceless Insanity Classic-Velious

Describe the most challenging raid encounters in which you have participated and explain your role in those encounters.

It's no where near the most challenging, but it is the most memorable. I was coming back to EQ after a break and was joining in on a PoDisease P/U raid going after Bertox. Because my time away I was Last in the tank order with 5 Warriors there.

The Pull happened early, healers weren't ready and the MT wen't down quickly with only a couple splash heals landing. Second and Third tanks didn't react quickly enough to getting agro and heals didn't have time to start rolling on them. At this point with only 2 warriors left Bertox starts to run towards the healers.

I reflexively toss out a taunt and get agro, and kick on furious. Clerics are asking if they should heal me (only a couple even knew who I was), the RL is yelling in Vent complaining about the bad pull causing this mess. I'm standing amazed that it got to this point but start spamming chat "Heal Me!" "Heal Me!" Furious ends, I start up defensive, CH chain finally starts rolling.

The fight continues and honestly I start being amazed that I'm still alive (this was before I ever started raiding at a high level). And the one thing that I am still disappointed about to this day occurs. Bertox goes into his enrage and I miss the text (this was pre-audio triggers and I was a bit distracted by the fact that I was still alive at this point) And then I was no longer alive. The 4th tank got a taunt off, faced him again, and was able to finish the final ~5 seconds of the fight.

After it was all done... What did I take away from that fight... I never missed an enrage again. With everything going on around me that I feel I did 100% right, it was the one mistake that I made that I still remember most that I made sure I learned from it, and corrected it!

Which aspect of PRF are you most excited about? Getting back to the social aspect of a game. I play other MMO's and if you're not raiding you're running around by yourself questing. being led by a leash from one quest chain to the next. I come back to EQ Progression Servers and that helps, but it gets frustrating where you have a game that actually (mostly) needs a group and you can't get one because everyone boxing their own group, so you're still playing by yourself.

So, here I am with a last chance, that MAYBE Pantheon is getting that part right. Focus on Social play and grouping in a way that actually promotes groups of people rather than groups of characters. I think that is just what we have here... and I've put enough money down and am ready to invest enough time in Pre-Alpha/Alpha that I feel I've done my part to help make it happen!

Tell us a bit about the real life you. I'm a Diehard Carolina Panther Fan, a Network Security Engineer for AT&T, and all around good guy. I can count on one hand the number of people that I've had to work with, or have been Guilded with that I just out right did not like. I like to think the number of people who feel that way about me is pretty close to the same.

Finally... Yes, I know you've closed your recruiting... But I'm not your recruit, remember... I'm your best tank!
    Besides, Do you want good people who just read a forum post and give up. Or do want good people that are willing to do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done regardless of the circumstances?

2. Glorf

One mistake there that I didn't catch. I started that era of Progression on Lockjaw, but of course Faceless was on Ragefire and did the server transfer as soon as it opened because frankly... Lockjaw sucked and I wanted in Faceless once I learned about them.

3. Glorf

Crap... and it was Zaide, not Darth that wouldn't have been in that pic if it weren't for me... So No Server-wide for you Bro!

Not being able to edit kinda sucks!

Zaide likes this.
  4. Zaide

Zaide Guild Leader Staff Member OFFICER AGNARR MEMBER SELO MEMBER

Sorry Queena, Velious just launched here so we have been pretty busy!

5. Glorf

No worries here man, not much going on with the Pantheon Front, except the massive amount of money I'm throwing around as I invest to hit VIP status, and have been ordering parts for my new PC.

6. Glorf

Oh, and I've verified I'm GTG for 2 weeks vacation as long as no-one else needs the time off and I can get the request in soon enough. So Hopefully no Holidays release time frame.

7. Ashenor

Ashenor Member AGNARR MEMBER SELO MEMBER

Spoke some on Discord with Glorf last night.

Look forward to seeing you in my time slot on PA1.