Zadune - Pantheon

Discussion in 'Pantheon Applications' started by Zadune, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Zadune

Zadune New Member

Hey Faceless,

Grouped with Zaide ingame the other day and I like the cut of his jib, so I'd like to put in for consideration for the Pantheon roster.
    Not sure if applications are still closed, can't hurt to toss my hat into the ring though. Old EQ vet here who gets things done, and I plan to fully throw down for Pantheon.

PRF Official Forum Name: Zadune
    PRF Pledge Level: Player
    Discord Handle: Zadune#9371

Projected Main Class (if known): Likely going to end up maining either Monk or Ranger, and willing to play something different at launch if we're short on a needed class
    Time Zone: EST

How much time will you be taking off from work/school/whatever when PRF launches? Have a healthy savings, no nagging kids, and none of my girlfriends have ever been able to put up with me long enough to get married, so I'll have no trouble taking a month off from life to Pantheon it up.

How many hours a day will you be willing to play PRF during this time off? Are you willing to commit to playing in a static group? I'm ready to drop 20 hours a day on launch week to annihilate content. Once we're where we want to be I'm sure I'll scale playtime back a little bit to something healthier while still being high, and I'll be very present and available if I'm needed at any given time. I have no problem committing to a static group and playing my role.

What's your expected PRF play time once your schedule returns to normal? How many nights a week will you be available to raid? I can't see that far into the future at the moment, but I'd say it's a safe bet that even when I return to a normal schedule I'll still be able to make plenty of time for Faceless. If it's anything to go by, my current gaming schedule on most workdays is pretty much from the time I get home until the time I get to sleep. It isn't uncommon for me to only sleep four hours; I'll be working on MMO progression until 3 AM, take a nap, and be up at 7 AM to go out and jog. I do tend to take a couple days off from games every week to, and I quote, "socialize" in the "real world". Bottom line is, with Pantheon I'm going to go all-in, whatever that entails.

Are you willing to participate in a mobilization system (Batphone)? I once swore I'd never batphone in an MMO, but I'm completely open to it now in the name of conquering. I've got my sock ready to go!

If your pledge does not include testing access, do you plan to upgrade it to include testing? If so, which phase of testing do you expect to join? Currently my pledge is baseline. If FE accepts me, I'll upgrade to include testing.

Why do you want to join Faceless? Because some damn fool accused you of being the best.

Why should we accept you as a member? I'm high playtime, I know what I'm doing, and I've never set a firm goal that I didn't follow through on and reach.

List the names of any Faceless members that will vouch for you (put N/A if none): Zaide, if he remembers who I am

Describe your raiding background. In which MMOs have you raided? Provide server and guild names, and list all content you have cleared. I've raided in both EQ and WoW. EQ: Have continuously played on Karana/Terris-Thule/Prexus/The Rathe (the server has gone through many name changes). Played from 1999-2001 as a Necromancer, mostly unguilded. Jumped on a lot of pickup raids, like Nagafen and PoFear back when those were six hour disaster-fests.

Took a break and missed Luclin/PoP. Returned in 2004 and started a Monk on the same server, which remained my character from 2004 to present on live. Extensively raided GoD/OoW/DoN with Stasis.

Took another break, returned in 2007 and joined Clan Ta'Veren (#1 guild on the server for most of that decade) where I remained from 2007 to present (though I haven't played seriously on live since early 2015). I raided everything from The Buried Sea (Solteris) to Call of the Forsaken.

Now I primarly play on Phinigel and Agnarr, where I'm a member of Dragonbone Citadel and Trucidation respectively. Just recently joined Agnarr to see Luclin/PoP content I missed before, wheras I've been on Phinny for about six months now with the goal of seeing DoD/PoR/TSS content I missed before.

WoW: I've cleared all (LFR-normal) raid and group content, on the Greymane server, mostly unguilded aside from teaming up with friends. Not really that into WoW's playerbase and consider myself retired from it aside from finishing up my Legion pathfinder achievement.

Describe the most challenging raid encounters in which you have participated and explain your role in those encounters. Two immediately spring to mind: The Battle of Bloody Kithicor in SoD gave CTV a ton of grief since we kept losing the NPCs we had to protect. I started helping lead raids for a while during that time and actually led the raid where we finally cracked the event and got our first victory over General Bahgresh. Second is Commodus in Solteris, a raid where EVERYONE present had some important role to play. We had to function as a well-oiled machine to knock that one out. My primary role was taking out blobs.

Which aspect of PRF are you most excited about? Mainly the newness and excitement of tackling a different world from the same people who brought us original EQ and know how to create challenging gameplay.

Tell us a bit about the real life you. I'm 34 and have a lot of cocksure swagger. I like to work towards being the best at whatever it is that I'm doing at any given time. I started EQ in Summer 1999 when I was 16, and have fond memories of playing it nonstop when it was brand new. As soon as I found out what a JBoot was I chased down that Ancient Cyclops for actual days on end until my mission was accomplished, and that's pretty much representative of every goal I set for myself. I'm a go-getter with a relentless ability to pursue objectives, like Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men. I hope to get your consideration.