Zaviere - Pantheon

Discussion in 'Pantheon Applications' started by Zav, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Zav

Zav New Member

PRF Official Forum Name: zav89
    PRF Pledge Level: None yet, will be Originator's soon(tm)
    Discord Handle: name#numbers Zav#4848
    Projected Main Class (if known): Bard - if not available on launch, probably Rogue, slight chance of Druid
    Time Zone: US East

How much time will you be taking off from work/school/whatever when PRF launches?

I am disabled and do not work, so I have WAY too much free time in general. Every day will be wide open.

How many hours a day will you be willing to play PRF during this time off? Are you willing to commit to playing in a static group?

As many as necessary, though I often start to fade after 16-18 hours of straight gaming a day, but I am willing to push my limits if I have to. And yes, I am fully willing to commit to playing in a static group. I would prefer it, actually!

What's your expected PRF play time once your schedule returns to normal? How many nights a week will you be available to raid?

As previously stated, I do not have much in the form of a schedule on a day to day basis, so my play time will be consistently very high. Unless this game ends up totally crashing and burning in disappointment, I will likely devote all my time to it and quit playing EQ1, thus making every night available for raiding.

Are you willing to participate in a mobilization system (Batphone)?

I am definitely willing to Batphone it up, though it should be noted that I'm a VERY heavy sleeper. I am not likely going to be woken up by my phone going off, but when I'm NOT sleeping, you can bet I'll be around to get things done as needed.

If your pledge does not include testing access, do you plan to upgrade it to include testing? If so, which phase of testing do you expect to join?

I currently do not have any pledge rank to my name, but that will change later this month when I plan to initiate the $100/mo. Originator's Pledge, which will give me Pre-Alpha, Alpha and Beta testing access.

Why do you want to join Faceless?

I'll be completely honest, I can't say I'm hugely familiar with you guys in general, outside of seeing you slay it on Agnarr. However, I have taken a look at your resume of EQ accomplishments and like what I see. I've never actually been a part of a large group that does "world firsts", etc. so it's something I'm interested in experiencing. Other than that, I am looking to develop new and (hopefully) lasting friendships through the mad rush of conquering this new game. I am usually a very outgoing and social MMO player, so being among like-minded individuals striving for fame and glory in the world of PRF and having a good time doing so is very appealing to me.

Why should we accept you as a member?

Mainly, I bring to the table a hyper-focused, dedicated MMO player who is willing to go balls to the wall and completely destroy everything in the best way possible, doing whatever it takes along the way. Gaming and the online interactions that come with it is what keeps me sane these days, so I basically give myself entirely to it. Beyond that, I am just a very light-hearted, laid back and impossible-to-offend guy who likes to have fun while still getting shit done. I am always willing to go the extra mile to assist those who I know would do the same for me. You scratch my back, I scratch yours kinda deal. That's what I'm all about... and I've been told I'm a VERY good back scratcher!

List the names of any Faceless members that will vouch for you (put N/A if none):

N/A

Describe your raiding background. In which MMOs have you raided? Provide server and guild names, and list all content you have cleared.

Oh boy, let's see what I can remember...

Most of my MMO raiding experience comes from EQ1, and is roughly as follows:
    - DoDH through SoF with Fire and Fury on Firiona Vie server
    - CotF to mid-TDS with Red Band Brigade on Drinal server
    - Mid-TDS to early EoK with Final Empire on Povar server
    - All of EoK and still going with Machin Shin on Xegony server

Other than that, the only real "raiding" I've done in other applicable MMOs was the duration of WotLK in World of Warcraft. I cannot for the life of me recall the name of the guild I was in, but I believe it was on the Whisperwind server.

There have been a number of other MMO games I have played over the years, but none that either have any real "raid" content so to speak, or that have raid-like content that I have experienced.

Describe the most challenging raid encounters in which you have participated and explain your role in those encounters.

I am really bad at questions like this, not gonna lie. And honestly, "challenging" is a very relative term. It's not often the raid encounter itself that is difficult for the most part for me, but rather the process of learning and executing everything necessary to win with those around me.

That being said, my time raiding TDS content in Red Band Brigade on Drinal server was probably my most challenging overall. What made it difficult was a certain lack of synergy and organization within the raiding ranks of the guild.

As a Bard main, I often found myself in a unique position to observe and report on many different aspects of a given raid encounter without sacrificing efficiency as a support and pseudo-DPS class. I am usually very hyper aware of my surroundings, both in games and in real life, which can come in real handy when learning new content. I played a big part in developing strategic aspects of execution during this time, while also keeping an eye on all other Bard raiders to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to (I was Bard class leader at the time).

For the sake of providing a more specific example. the first event in Arx Mentis (EQ1 TDS raid content) proved to be very difficult for my guild at the time, and particularly called upon myself and others of the Bard class to step up and perform special duties. These duties mostly included very tight crowd control of the many adds present during the encounter, through the use of Bard AE mezz and our Lure of the Lyre Song AA ability, which draws all nearby hostile NPCs in towards the Bard. While doing this, I was still tasked with keeping an eye on general raid positioning, going on's of my fellow Bards who were performing the same CC tasks, and making sure my group continued to benefit as much as possible from the support aspects of my chosen class. Overall it was a very hectic experience, and very gratifying to finally beat and eventually put on "farm status".

Which aspect of PRF are you most excited about?

It's hard to say, honestly. All of it excites me to some degree. I guess I am particularly excited to see how the Bard class is developed and played upon official release. I have been playing a Bard in EQ1 for the past 4 years or so, and have been thoroughly enjoying it (despite constant nerfs and general short-sightedness from the game's developers in relation to the class). I originally played a Druid in EQ1, so that may be my go to for my first alt character in PRF, but as a main I will for sure be a Bard; hopefully one of the best!

Tell us a bit about the real life you.

There's really not much to tell. I've always been big into computer gaming, ever since I was about 5 years old. I love cats to an almost unhealthy degree (big and small!), and am also really into music. Mostly rock/metal/post-hardcore and everything in between, but I can usually enjoy almost any genre other than country and 99.9% of rap. I also love sharing music I find and listen to with others, so if accepted, expect me to eventually make a forum thread where I link lots of youtube videos of songs I find/like and feel others should experience as well. It's sort of a little tradition for me with any MMO guild I join.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my application and consider accepting me as a part of the Faceless family!

Cheers,

~Zav

2. Shucklighter

Shucklighter Member MEMBER

Discord Friend Request Sent.

3. Zav

Zav New Member

For some reason it doesn't seem to have gone through. I have no pending friend requests. Can you send it again please?

Alternatively, if you wanted to give me your Discord ID, I could try adding you myself.